FluoroSpun® Nonwovens Are Tough in Any Environment
The FluoroSpun® nonwovens that CCG creates are used in many applications where extreme temperatures or harsh chemicals are present.
They are hydrophobic, resilient under pressure and have exceptional filtration characteristics. Application examples include:
- Casting Membranes – CCG materials can be used as support layers for casting membranes and as media for filtering exhaust gas, process gasses and air.
- Gaskets – Gaskets made from CCG fibers are resilient under high pressure in the most difficult environments. Used in high-density gaskets, CCG fibers and fabrics prevent chemical ingress and gasket failure.
- Surfacing Veils – CCG surfacing veils are used in composite structures where a resin-rich, yet hydrophobic surface is required. CCG veils limit the intrusion of moisture, which reduces composite structure life.
- Other – Other applications that require exceptional nonwoven performance include critical reverse osmosis (RO), ultrafiltration (UF), microfiltration (MF) and pervaporation (PV) applications where extreme temperatures and aggressive chemicals are common.
CCG is continuously developing additional nonwoven styles in a variety of basis weights. We are eager to work with our customers in development efforts to meet their special or proprietary needs.
- Fluoropolymers, including FEP, MFA, PFA, PVDF, ECTFE and ETFE
- Other engineered materials, including PEEK, PSU, PPSU, PES and PPS
CCG has produced carded nonwovens with basis weights from 50 gsm (1.47 osy) to more than 500 gsm (14.75 osy). Please contact us to inquire about other sizes and your specific needs.